Under Construction

We are university students researching the effects of multi-tasking technology on todays tweens through twenties generation! Please leave us a comment if you are interested in our efforts, have insights, or subscribe to our posts by email so you can follow and contribute to our research! We hope you will join us and point us in the direction of interesting academic work being done in this multi-tech-tasking matter! Thanks for blogging by!

Monday 17 March 2014

Just for fun!

 A couple of my favorite home videos - 
enlightening for me to recognize that I have
been "that" mom - the one with a camera in her kids face their whole life. ;)

This first video is my oldest son, age 19 now,
video is from 1996ish...

The video that was created using a HUGE VHS
 machine that sat quite largely on my shoulder
(not even sure I have a picture of the GRAND invention)
-- trust me it was ginormous. 

I recorded the video onto a digital version using a VHS/Television 
and my first digital video camera,
and tonight recorded this clip using my iPad off of our family blog
at the service of my 12 year old with a steady hand. 
#toomuchtechnology
 involved!


How did he know I
would
'want to get a picture of dat?'

okay...♥
  He knew what a camera in his face meant.

The next video (below) is the previously mentioned now 12 year old with the steady hand. 
The technology I used for this was my first digital camera -
(also a very large version!)  I think the lens stuck out 9 inches!!  

Both videos are grainy in their natural habitat -
thus it doesn't help to take them from one device to another. 
You can see the original version on Facebook using the following link -
 again...
#toomuchtechnology



Thanks for watching!


1 comment:

  1. thanks for sharing - nice historical perspective - reminder that technology wasn't born yesterday.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Multi.tech.tasking POLL

Please contribute to our research by answering the following questions! If you have insights or suggestions please leave us a comment on a recent post.

How many hours do you spend on media/technology per day?

What is your age?

Do you use more than one mode of media/technology at a time (multi.tech.tasking)?

Do you use media/technology while studying?

Do you believe that media/technology use while studying is distracting?

Does social media and technology affect interpersonal communication and relationships?